Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Last week we had a wind storm
Strong winds, mini tornadoes so the paper said. 
I heard one gust coming...for ages...a loud growl
growing louder as it approached.
I was quite relieved when the roof stayed on the house.
I was quite disappointed in the morning to see 
the wind had blown the head off my camel sculpture.
I now have a 3D camel jigsaw puzzle.


On a much happier note
My sister in law found this plate for me.
It is beautiful and in perfect condition and it has camels on it.
It will be a major addition to my collection.



I am not up with antiques and do not know much about
Royal Staffordshire Pottery? Or how to read those numbers in red.
It's value to me is the camels and the thoughtful find by my sister in law.
Thanks Mitzi!

1 comment:

Willow said...

I very much enjoy the scenic on that plate !
Sorry about the headless sculpture ~ um a halloween look , nature does have a sense of humor perhaps.