Sunday, August 11, 2013

Spring is coming!

I abandoned all work related study to concentrate on the paddock.
Spring is nearly on us.
I want to be ready with new flower rows.
I have Zinnias in mind, they are summer flowers but
I want to get in early.
The row on the right is 70 metres long!
Now full of organic matter and de cooched?

Rain was predicted for today but came early overnight.

I am glad I got some horse poo and peas straw

into some of the the rows before the rain.

I am going to plant peas directly into these trenches and green manure them.
Dig the growing plants into the soil for fertilizer.

In the distance you might notice a freshly ploughed paddock,
preparation for some lucerne for stock feed.
Soil is heavy clay and needs heaps of organic matter.
I might even mulch between the rows like I have done in the garden.

Thanks to my new worker Caitlin,

I have refreshed some of my paths in the garden.
Raking the forrest for the fallen gum leaves is very rewarding.

I am hoping it encourages the huge bush worms.

3 comments:

Willow said...

Looks like you are keeping mighty busy , but you usually are. Kudos to you.

Annie said...

Zinnias sound good...it'll look like Lambley soon with those flash paths

Gary's third pottery blog said...

HUGE BUSH worms! oh my, down under is so different :)