Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New life

I had a chook that just insisted staying clucky
I got tired of fighting with her every day for the eggs so I left her for a week
then moved her entire nesting box in the night to a third chicken house.
On Monday the first chicken hatched, it is dark coloured.
Tuesday another one, it is yellow and
today there was a poor soul being eaten alive by meat ants.
I pulled off the ants and the chicken blincked at me

so I brought it inside and set up the light for warmth.

It looks comfortable and is breathing.
I don't really know what to do with it, but if it gains some strength

I will put it back with it's mother and cross my fingers.
There were 6 eggs yesterday and just 3 today so
I should count the chickens.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Fingers crossed for the little chicky!